The reason for measuring the AC component is that, compared to the DC component, the electronics are more sensitive. The AC signal is substantially less affected by influences such as amplifier noise and process parameters, which includes the build-up of process dust on the sensing rod.
The BBD5 remote sensing head totally filters out any 50Hz or 60Hz frequencies related to mains supply. The amplified signal is then sent via data cable to the control unit for further processing and display.
- Suitable for a wide range of dust collection and stack emissions.
- Applicable for all types of outlet stack geometrical arrangements.
- Insertion temperatures up to 800°C or 2000°C (1760°F or 3920°F), higher if required.
- Applicable to most particulate types.
- For duct sizes from 50mm (2") to outlets over 10m (33ft).
- Dust concentrations from 0.01mg/m3 (4x10-6gr/ft).
- Suitable for most stack material eg. steel, brick etc.
- Optional intrinsically safe barrier.
- Detects most particles regardless of composition.
- Very sensitive due to AC coupled technolgy.
- Can monitor extremely small particles eg. galvanising fume (²0.1µm).
- Can be used over a wide range of particulate densities.
- Can assist in dramatically reducing plant down time through filter failures.
- Proven AC Triboelectric technology.
- Relay time delay feature.
- Sensitivity adjustment.
- Air purge port.
- Potted construction for reliability and operational stability.
- Simple Installation.
- Alarm level adjustment
- Suitable for a wide range of dust collection and stack